Hokay, whose ready to become imprisoned?! Nobody is? Yeah, didn't so.
What do you do? What would you think about? Trapped for whatever reason. Sometimes knowing it might end in death. What would go through your head? Hello children, my name is Max, and today i'm going to take you on adventure about colors and numbers! Oh...and prisoners of war to.
So this post is might be a bit different. First, I'm supposed to be doing some 4 paragraph format which I know not much of. Then, when I started this post it was gonna be about being trapped or something. That idea was inspired by my book RUMO by Walter Moers. In the first chapter, Rumo, a Wolperting, which is kind of a dog with horns but so much awesomer, is taken prisoner by Demonocles, who are like pirate cyclopes' (Cyclopi?), on their pirate ship (floating rock). Every creature that is imprisoned in their dungeon is eventually going to suffer untill eaten alive. So thinking about that I was like, " who else is ever imprisoned?...Prisoners of war!"Earlier today I was watching a video about the ten best war movies, one of which is called The Bridge On River Kwai. It's about POWs in WWII. Remembering having seen the movie cover among my families DVD collection, I went searching for it. The weird and unnecessary plastic wrapping was still on it. I tore it off and inserted the wonderfully fresh disk into my moms laptop and here I am, about to watch it and do mah blog post at the same time. This might be interesting.
Ok so the movie is starting out showing bamboo crosses above lumps of dirt (think about it) beside train tracks in the jungle. A whistle blows and the train thunders by, Title flashes. The train stops in front of hundreds of americans working on a R.R. being yelled at in japanese. They look like tired desperate souls. Two prisoners are digging graves. Thick sweat and dirt covering their bodies shows that that they've been working hard in the hot sun. I think the graves might be foreshadowing something. One of the men says "I hope I don't end up with one of these above my head (holding a bamboo cross)". This could be foreshadowing, hinting that he might actually end up with a cross over his head. I bet he's gonna die. I've found that when people are talking about death, often times it's foreshadowing. Listen for death.
Some fresh american troops come marching in to a POW camp, all whistling a catchy tune in unison. There seem to be over a hundred men in raged uniform. What are they doing? They don't seem to be lead by any Japanese. Weird. A official looking vietnamese man walks out and addresses the american commander. He tells them that they will build a bridge across the river kwai and that those who work hard will be treated well and those who don't will be punished. Seems like the usual prisoner situation. I wonder if there is any place were prisoners are actually treated fine. I was thinking earlier today, in WWII when the jews were "Relocated", they were told they were going to a different but fine place. Of course that wasn't true, they went strait to Nazi death camps but what if it wasn't like that. Like in the movie, these men are in a POW camp, I don't expect them to get treated well for any reason but what do you do? Would there be a fight at all if the men were treated nice? I think that being nice to people ends fights, or wars! But what if they're not nice? Do you just obey orders as much as possible? Or revolt and risk death? I bet most of men that are in the camp think that they are gonna die anyway so why not fight? Oh, you could just get tortured, is that worse than death? Think I would rather die if I was tortured every day. I think the physical and mental pain would make me mad. Actually I think this movie focuses on the mental pain of these prisoners. I like it, thinking. ok must watch movie now.
Nickleson, the commander of the new troops, says he was ordered to Surrender and be taken prisoner and that trying to escape would be against orders. This brings on another question, is it better to do what you think is best even if it involves disobeying orders? I think so. But stated three times already, the odds of survival after escape are one hundred to one. Seems to me like camp is the only place to survive. But, seeing all those gaunt half dead prisoners, and all those graves, seems like death in the camp would be easier than death out there. I'm sticking with the revolt plan.
Vultures are circling a dude. Foreshadowing! No wait, it's just a kite....I still think he's going to die!
Ok. I'm two hours into the movie and its way past mah bed time. The movie is three hours long. This was not well planed.
Here are some thoughts for you.
Despite what I've thought in the past, discipline can get you places. Nickleson never faltered. Never lost spirit. I think it's absolutely amazing what he did without losing spirit or stop doing his job to the fullest. I salute commander Nickleson.
Also fighting isn't always the answer (never the answer! peace on earth.).obeying orders will get you through things. Actually in the movie, almost all of the men who fought back died. Maybe if you just obey orders long enough. Then again this is reality, not a movie.
In the movie, a soldier is asked if could a man in cold blood if he had to. He said he didn't really know. I think that that is what most people would say. I don't think I could. I've myself that question many times, I bet a lot of people do.
So in RUMO it's kind of different. I think that if Rumo sticks with obeying orders he's gonna die. He will eventually be eaten alive sooner or later, so revolting sounds like a good idea to me.
Thank you for reading this weird blog post.
Leave a comment telling me exactly what you thought about anything.
If you're Ms. Robbins, please tell me if this post was a fail. Ok. Goodnight .
No comments:
Post a Comment